Sustainability for long term competitiveness
QRTECH is convinced there is a strong connection between sustainability and the long term competitiveness and success of the company.
The board of directors has adopted two documents which clarify QRTECH´s view on how we interact internally as well as externally and what can be expected from QRTECH and the people representing the Company.
Corporate Social Responsibility, CSR
CSR secures the way QRTECH conducts business based on taking responsibility beyond what might be required by laws and regulations. Our work within CSR consists of four areas of responsibilities:
One major topic of the CSR is that QRTECH aim to create an including work environment where both diversity and equality are highly value.
Code of Conduct, CoC
The principles in our Code of Conduct are based upon UN Global Compact and the international conventions upon which it is based.
QRTECH strives to maintain our strong reputation for corporate trustworthiness, based on consistently conducting business with integrity and in compliance with the laws and regulations governing its activities. Success in business depends on building and maintaining the trust of customers, business partners, suppliers, shareholders, employees, governments and the general public.
- comply with applicable laws and regulations
- integrate the principles of this policy into our Quality- and Environmental Management System
- promote the principles of this policy in daily operation
EXPECTATIONS ON BUSINESS PARTNERS
- QRTECH prefers to work with suppliers, customers and other business partners that share the principles expressed in this Code of Conduct
- QRTECH encourages its business partners to apply standards of business conduct consistent with the principles of this Code of Conduct.
ACCOUNTING AND REPORTING
- All financial transactions shall be reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices, and the accounting records must show the nature of all transactions in a correct and non-misleading manner.
- QRTECH shall report in a transparent, truthful and timely manner with the aim of conveying a true view of QRTECH’s performance
- QRTECH shall not participate in, or endorse, any corrupt practices.
- QRTECH employees shall not accept payments, gifts or other kinds of reimbursement from a third party that could affect or appear to affect their objectivity in their business decisions.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- All representatives of QRTECH shall conduct their private and other external activities and financial interests in a manner that does not conflict or appear to conflict with the interests of QRTECH.
- Employees’ private interests shall not influence, or appear to influence, their judgement or actions in performing their duties as QRTECH representatives.
COMPANY PROPERTY AND RESOURCES
- QRTECH´s property and resources shall be used for business objectives.
- The property and resources shall not be used for personal gain, fraudulent purposes, or in any other inappropriate manner.
- QRTECH shall comply with the tax laws and regulations. Where tax laws do not give clear guidance, prudence and transparency shall be the guiding principles.
- QRTECH shall present its services and own products accurately and shall comply with applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
- QRTECH shall execute its services and design its own products with focus on our core values of commitment, dependability, long term perspective and technical excellence.
FAIR COMPETITION PRACTICES
- QRTECH shall compete in a fair manner and with integrity.
- QRTECH shall not exchange information or enter into agreements or understandings with competitors, customers or suppliers in a way that improperly influences the outcome of a bidding process.
POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS INVOLVEMENT
- QRTECH shall observe neutrality with regard to political parties and religious communities
Principles of human rights and social justice
- QRTECH shall support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and make sure QRTECH is not complicit in human rights abuses.
- All employees shall have equal opportunities based on competencies, experience and performance regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, union affiliation, social background or ethnic origin.
- All employees shall be treated with respect. Discrimination, physical or verbal harassment, or any illegal threats are not tolerated.
- The necessary conditions for a safe and healthy work environment shall be provided for all QRTECH employees and for other personnel working under our guidance within our facilities.
- All employees are expected to actively seek information about safety and health related risks and actively report other potential risks and issues.
- Child labor is not tolerated. The minimum employment age is the age of completion of compulsory school, but never less than 15 years.
FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION
- QRTECH respects the right of all employees to join an association to represent their interests as employees, to organize and to bargain collectively or individually. QRTECH shall respect the recognized unions. An employee’s right to refrain from joining a union is equally respected.
- QRTECH shall conduct its business in such a way that energy, natural resources and raw materials are used efficiently, and waste and residual products are minimized.
- QRTECH shall avoid materials and methods posing environmental and health risks when suitable alternatives are available.
Code of Conduct compliance
RESPONSIBILITY OF COMPLIANCE
- It is the responsibility of QRTECH managers to implement this policy and inform their employees of their rights, duties and responsibilities as well as demonstrate the content and spirit of this document within their respective organization. It is the responsibility of all employees to comply with local law and QRTECH´s policies. Explicit or implicit approval of questionable actions that are in conflict with the Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal and legal proceedings.
- Deviations from this policy may be approved only by QRTECH´s Board of Directors.
- The issuer of this document is responsible for ensuring that a review of the document is performed every year.
REPORT ON VIOLATION OF THE CODE OF CONDUCT
- All employees within QRTECH are encouraged to report suspected violations of this Code of Conduct to their direct superiors or the managers of their superiors. In the event a report is not taken seriously, or if an employee does not feel comfortable reporting the matter to his or her superior, the employee should escalate the matter